Durham Region’s Transportation Master Plan (TMP) is a strategic planning document designed to define the policies, programs and infrastructure improvements required to plan for Durham’s future transportation needs.
There has been much change and growth in Durham Region since the plan was originally approved by Regional Council in 2003 – almost 14 years ago! While studies and plans related to transit, cycling, trails and other issues have been implemented, the original TMP only outlined plans for growth until 2021. For these reasons, the Works Department’s Transportation and Field Services Branch is currently in the process of updating the TMP. The update will plan for transportation needs until 2031 and beyond, in conjunction with the Regional Official Plan.
- The final round of Public Information Centres will be held in January 2017. Check out the Get Involved page to find out more!
- TMP Information Report presented to Council on December 9, 2016, visit the Documents and Reports to review the Report.
- Draft 2031 networks presented to Joint Finance & Administration, Planning & Economic Development and Works Committee on May 26, 2016, visit the Documents and Reports to review the Report.
- Visit the Documents and Reports page for the latest information about the TMP, including material from previous Open Houses, and past studies/reports.
- Find out more about transportation in Durham Region by reviewing the TMP Briefing Notes.